11 August to 10 September 2017
…quite unlike anything you have experienced before.
Take your time to explore the flowers and experience the luxury and convenience of an elegant private mobile tented camp, right in the flowers, under skies that seem to stretch as far as the eye can see. Flowers by day and stars by night, a visit to the Namaqua Flower Skilpad Camp in the Skilpad Nature Reserve, 30km from Kammieskroon, the closest town, is an unforgettable experience. With its winter rainfall, Namaqualand is home to the richest bulb flora of any arid region in the world and more than a 1 000 of its estimated 3 500 plant species are found nowhere else on earth. Located in the Namaqua National Park, in Skilpad, for a limited period from 11 August to 10 September 2017, the hugely popular annual luxury Chiefs Flower Camp will once again be established in this remote and scenically stunning location. We go out of way to ensure that your stay is memorable. We equip 20 dome tents with beds, soft comfortable duvets, hot blankets and LED lights to ensure that you wake up refreshed and completely rejuvenated. Furthermore you can enjoy the privacy and convenience of your own hot shower and spacious dressing room and a chemical flush toilet.
• R1 650 per person sharing (max 2 per tent)
• R2 475 single
• Children 6-12 years old pay R950. Children older than 12 pay full rate. Please note no children under 5 years old.
• Early morning coffee and rusks, breakfast and 2 course dinner included
• Optional delicious lunch picnic baskets R235 (for 2)
• Accommodation in 20 fully serviced dome tents
• Private showers and chemical flush toilets
• No self catering
What to do at Skilpad?
- Daisy tripping through the flowers: Head off on you bike for the day, pack a picnic basket, your hat and a camera and breathe in the peace and quiet as you meander at snails pace across fields of colour.
- Flowers by Day and Stars by Night – after a day spent in the glory of the flowers it doesn’t end there. After a delicious dinner in the restaurant, relax in the lounge with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee and drink in the canopy of stars above. A telescope will give you a view of the world far beyond our own.
- Daily walks – park your car and venture beyond on foot, choose any number of paths, you can’t get lost, and it remains the best way to see the flowers up close and personal.
- Other – picnic, paint, hum, read, ponder and explore.
- Alternatively just do absolutely nothing!