23 August to 23 September 2018
…quite unlike anything you have experienced before.
Take your time to explore the flowers and experience the luxury and convenience of an elegant private mobile tented camp, right in the flowers, under skies that seem to stretch as far as the eye can see. Flowers by day and stars by night, a visit to the Namaqua Flower Skilpad Camp in the Skilpad Nature Reserve, 30km from Kammieskroon, the closest town, is an unforgettable experience. With its winter rainfall, Namaqualand is home to the richest bulb flora of any arid region in the world and more than a 1 000 of its estimated 3 500 plant species are found nowhere else on earth. Located in the Namaqua National Park, in Skilpad, for a limited period from 23 August to 23 September 2018, the hugely popular annual luxury Chiefs Flower Camp will once again be established in this remote and scenically stunning location. We go out of the way to ensure that your stay is memorable.
R2 250 per person sharing (max 2 per tent), per day
R3 375 single, per day
Children 6-12 years old pay R950. Children 12 to 16 years old pay R1 075 – per day. No children under 5.
Rate includes en-suite accommodation breakfast, high tea and a 3-course dinner.
Picnics can be ordered at R245 per basket (serves 2)
Mini Cheese Boards can be ordered at R185 per board (serves 2)
What to do at Skilpad?
- Daisy tripping through the flowers: Head off on your bike for the day, pack a picnic basket, your hat and a camera and breathe in the peace and quiet as you meander at snail’s pace across fields of colour.
- Flowers by Day and Stars by Night – after a day spent in the flowers it doesn’t end there. After a delicious dinner in the restaurant, relax in the lounge with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee and drink in the canopy of stars above. A telescope will give you a view of the world far beyond our own.
- Daily walks – park your car and venture beyond on foot, choose any number of paths, you can’t get lost, and it remains the best way to see the flowers up close and personal.
- Explore the flowers with our Flower Guide
- Other – picnic, paint, hum, read, ponder and explore.
- Alternatively just do absolutely nothing!
VISIT NAMAQUA FLOWER BEACH CAMP – coastal flower camp
Groenrivier 23 August to 23 September 2018
A luxury all-inclusive nomadic retreat in the Namaqua National Park right on the beach in the flowers. Situated on the coast at Groenrivier, 70km from Garies, the closest town.